Monday, September 13, 2010

Character spotlight with Endel Sorra

My name is Detective Endel Sorra. I am a ghost in the novel Passing Whispers by Lisa Vance. I was killed on my way home from work one night, two weeks before Christmas. I was planning to give my beloved wife an early gift, and didn’t notice that there was a robbery in progress as I walked into a convenience store. One year later, I found a way to come back to Kate. Her anger, bitterness and guilt over my death was ruining her life.

What makes you special?
Although most other spirits move on, I just had to find a way to help my wife. No one can see me, except Kate, but I do find myself possessing talents that come in handy. I took my wife on a magical trip to Paris, France on our last night together. It almost broke my heart, but I was able to enhance a romantic date she had with a co-worker. Kate wasn’t thrilled, but I wanted to her have love in her life again.

Tell us about your most current adventure.
Passing Whispers will be released this Fall by Devine Destinies. I gave my wife, Kate, a Snow Globe the first year we were married. After my death, she came across it as she was going through some old Christmas decorations. I don’t know exactly how it happened, but when I realized she was about to smash it against a wall, I appeared and was able to stop her. For the next two weeks, I guided her into discovering the truth about my death and helped her find ways to go on after suffering a devastating loss. Once she was able to put her anger and bitterness behind her, I was able to give her a little nudge to start over.

If you could offer your author advice, what would it be?
Lisa knows more about afterlife then she thinks she does. We all do. She must continue to have faith in her knowledge, and not depend on facts. Her heart will let her know what to write.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
Mostly. Kate finds it annoying that no one can see me except her. I think it’s a lot of fun. The things that Kate has to do to cover up my presence is very entertaining. I also hope that by getting to know me, people will realize that death is not an end, but a magical beginning. Although we lose the physical connection with our loved ones, the emotional aspect will always be there. Nothing can destroy love.

Does your author ever try to take over the story? And how do you deal with it?
Lisa has often said that this story came to her a Devine Inspiration, and it’s true. Fortunately, she has an open mind and a wild imagination. It doesn’t take much to guide her back.

Is humor important? Why or why not?
There is no situation that can’t be improved or made tolerable with a little humor. Kate and I always enjoyed humorous moments, although hers is a little more sarcastic than mine.

Is expressing love difficult for you? Why?
Kate and I have been together since kindergarten. There was never any doubt how strong our love was. I truly enjoyed making love to her in the spiritual sense, but when it came time for me to leave, I had to erase most of it from her mind. If I didn’t, she would never be able to go on and love another man. There was a small part of me that wanted her to remember, but I had to love her enough to let her go.

If you could time travel, where would you go?
If I could be totally selfish, I would go back to the night I was killed. I would drive right past that convenience store and home to Kate. But if I were to do that so many things would change. As much as it broke my heart to leave Kate, it wasn’t in the Plan for me to live.

If you had the chance to meet another character, who would it be and why?
Brian Morris is a Social Worker at the Women’s Shelter where Kate works. He’s a great guy with a heart of gold. I knew he would be good to her. I kind of pushed them together. Although I’ve spent a lot of time around him, I’ve never had the opportunity to sit down and talk to him man-to-man. He probably doesn’t need to hear it from me, but I’d like to tell him how special Kate is. Make sure he never hurts her in any way.

Have you ever lost control?
I watched Kate sleeping on our last night together. She was so beautiful. Knowing that our love was strong enough to let me stay with her, made it even harder to leave. If I remained with Kate, she never would have enjoyed a normal life. She would have missed out on having children and grandchildren someday. I knew how important that was to her. But when the time came for me to leave, I was almost consumed with sadness. For a second, I almost changed my mind. Once I saw how happy Kate would eventually be, I was able to get a hold of myself and do what had to be done.

What are your opinions on Brian Morris?
He’s not quite as handsome as I was, but he is a good man. Despite his affluent upbringing, he’s down-to-earth and generous. He will make Kate a good husband someday, and a great father to her children.

What are the pros and cons to being a ghost?
I liked being able to give Kate wonderfully romantic moments that a living man would never be able to provide. The knowledge that I possessed as a spirit helped Kate in many ways. Having the ability to help Kate find a new love in her life was comforting, but to be honest, it broke my heart. I wanted to be the man she spent the rest of her life with.

What kind of abilities do you get when you become a ghost?
As soon as you die, you are completely at peace. With the Gift of Complete and Utter Understanding, you have the answers to every question you ever wondered about. Unpleasant emotions like hate, greed and jealousy are gone. I was able to travel the world in an instant. Give life to my fantasies. Best of all, I was able to make love to Kate and satisfy her in ways that were unimaginable.

What makes being with a ghost the best sexual experience?
A living man is limited in the pleasures he can give to a woman. I had the power to know exactly what Kate wanted and desired. No longer needing to satisfy myself, my times with Kate were solely for her pleasure. Let me share one of our moments with you:

“I love you, Kate.”

His mouth was only inches from hers and she wondered if he would kiss her. Her bottom lip was quivering. “I love you, too.”

Lying beside him she realized how stiff, dry and cold she had become. Was it her heart, her soul or her body? She wasn’t sure.

He pulled her so close that she felt she was a part of him. Slowly she began to feel warmer. Her muscles relaxed and she felt almost…soft. Every inch of her body was alive and tingling.

A thousand memories of their lovemaking flooded her mind simultaneously. Her heart was pounding and she felt delirious. She had no idea that it was possible to feel so much pleasure at one time. The void that yearned for Endel every night when she lay in her bed alone, was gone. So engulfed in her passion, she was unable to move or speak. Tiny sparkles of light cascaded down on her, like a gentle rain. She was glowing warmly, as she felt her own spirit mesh with his.

Every sound and smell that she ever delighted in filled the room. She was surrounded by the scents of lavender, honeysuckle, baby powder and Endel’s cologne. She heard the sounds of rain, waterfalls, ocean waves, and children laughing. What had to be a heavenly orchestra played all her favorite music.

She felt as though she were standing naked under a waterfall of liquid cashmere. It swirled around her body like a soft caress. She saw the shadow of her soul illuminated by a sea of scented candles, glowing softly against a midnight sky.

Spent and satiated, she finally fell asleep in his arms.

See what I mean? ;-)

Do you really see a bright light when you die?
Sort of. There are no words to describe the brightness of the multi-faceted glow you see and feel at the moment of death.

Can you touch things in the traditional way?
I can. But since no one can see me, when I pick something up, it looks like it’s hovering in the air.

What’s the one thing that is difficult to get used to as a ghost?
I feel so real, that I constantly forget that other people can’t see me.

Do ghosts have a social calendar to adhere to?
No time constraints what so ever. Eternity is the only reality.

Why can only certain people see you?
For a living person to see a ghost, there has to be a special bond between them. The person must not be limited by their beliefs or expectations. They have to have an open mind, and be willing to accept that which they never thought possible. Not many people can do that.

Finally, is there something you wished we had asked, but didn’t?
I was hoping you asked if there would be a sequel to Passing Whispers someday. Lisa hasn’t planned one as yet, but maybe she’ll change her mind. Perhaps this question will give her a subliminal message!

No comments:

Post a Comment